The Whale on tour
From 21-27 July Talking Birds Whale will be travelling down the Lancashire coast, stopping off at a different location daily (final schedule coming soon).
The Whale is a gentle giant made in metal which swallows audiences.
Enter the jaws of a giant silver whale to be serenaded by a lovesick submariner, and you might leave with a gift from the sea. A three-minute journey for one adventurer at a time (or two if you’re shy).
The Whale is presented and produced by Live at LICA (Lancaster Institute for the Contemporary Arts) with funding from Lancashire County Council. The early years version was developed with the pre-school centre at Lancaster University.
- Sunday 21st July - Marine Hall Gardens and Promenade - Fleetwood 10am- 5pm
- Monday 22nd July - Heysham St Peter's Church Primary School 9am - 4pm (Private event for school children)
- Tuesday 23rd July - The People's Prom - Cleveleys 10am - 5pm
- Wednesday 24th July - Marine Hall Gardens and Promenade - Fleetwood 10am - 5pm
- Thursday 25th July - Rossall Point Observation Tower 10am - 5pm
- Friday 26th July - The Lowther Pavilion, Lytham Green 10am - 5pm
- Saturday 27th July - St Anne's Library Reading Garden, Lytham 10am - 4pm